Cardiovascular Tech Cardiac Cath Services Per Diem (OnCall)
Job-Patient Care Support
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period-0
Weekends Required -Occasional
Primary Location-WASHINGTON-BURIEN-HIGHLINE MEDICAL CENTER
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the Puget Sound Region. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
In this role, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic examinations of the heart and blood vessels under the direction of a licensed physician. Your day-to-day work will include:
(1) Reviewing and documenting pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data;
(2) Preparing patients for testing;
(3) Performing appropriate clinical procedures and obtaining a record of anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician;
(4) Participating in interventional cardiovascular catheterization and/or cardiac electrophysiology procedures, including balloon angioplasty, stent insertion, radiofrequency ablation, and pacemaker and/or implantable defibrillator insertion;
(5) Compiling a foundation of data that is interpreted by physicians in order to make a correct anatomic, physiologic, and pathologic diagnosis for each patient;
(6) Keeping abreast of internal standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings and individualized learning opportunities from Cardiologists and related classes;
(7) Consistently adhering to and demonstrating CHI Franciscan Health's Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Graduation from an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology.
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 1 (RCIS) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and licensure to practice in the state of Washington is required.
Current healthcare provider Basic Life Support Certification.
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.