Job: Cardiovascular Technologist Cath Lab Per Diem Days
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Cardiovascular Technologist Cath Lab Per Diem Days-2016-R0069893
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Performs diagnostic and therapeutic examinations of the heart and blood vessels under the direction of a licensed physician. Work includes but is not limited to (1) reviewing and/or recording pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data; (2) preparing patients for testing (3) performing appropriate clinical procedures and obtaining a record of anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician; (4) participating in interventional cardiovascular catheterization and/or cardiac electrophysiology procedures, including balloon angioplasty, stent insertion, radiofrequency ablation, and pacemaker and/or implantable defibrillator insertion (5) compiling a foundation of data that is interpreted by physicians in order to make a correct anatomic, physiologic, and pathologic diagnosis for each patient.
Incumbents are also accountable for; keeping abreast of FHS standards, protocols and procedures relating to the department; keeping skills current; demonstrating evidence of continuing education to include department meetings, individualized learning opportunities from Cardiologist and related classes.
- Prepares/operates equipment to capture the correct detail of a requested scan area, per physicians’ direction and in adherence to department protocols.
- Delivers patient care for all age groups while in performing cardiovascular exams/procedures.
- Performs incidental general office duties to include; answering phone; scheduling; filing; maintaining patient records; ordering supplies.
- Participates in the training of the Cardiovascular Technology students.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Graduation from an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 1 (RCIS) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and licensure to practice in the state of Washington is required.
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
- ACLS certification required.
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Licensed/Registered Medical Professionals (Non-Nursing)
Primary Location WASHINGTON-BREMERTON-HARRISON MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule 6am - 430pm
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Every Other