This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Charge Capture Representative
Job-Administrative and Clerical
Daily Schedule-8am to 4:30pm
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period-80
Weekends Required -None
Primary Location-WASHINGTON-TACOMA-FRANCISCAN EDUCATION AND SUPPO
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
This job is responsible for reviewing encounters in the practice management system (e.g. Epic) and making corrections as needed in accordance with applicable guidelines. Work also includes inputting encounters and other source documents received from clinics in an accurate, compliant and timely manner. An incumbent engages in various charge capture tasks/initiatives to ensure charges are entered, edited and billed in a timely and efficient manner in order to maximize revenues and serves as a resource to other staff and RBO departments for complex charge review/entry issues.
Work requires considerable understanding of CPT and diagnosis codes, ICD-9/10 coding, anatomy and physiology as it relates to the medical field. Effective troubleshooting skills are required to facilitate consultation with multiple team members to address and resolve issues having a potential impact on revenues.
- Reviews encounters that are in charge review work queues and makes corrections or code additions as appropriate in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Inputs encounter data and other clinic-generated source documents into the practice management system in accordance with applicable guidelines and quality/production standards.
- Anticipates potential areas of concern within the charge capture function; notifies lead/manager of ongoing process issues or concerns beyond designated scope of authority to rectify independently; assists with unusual, unprecedented and/or escalated issues as necessary.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- One year of related work experience that would demonstrate possession of the requisite job knowledge/abilities.
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.