This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Clerk- Imaging Department- per diem (on call)
Job-Administrative and Clerical
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period-0
Weekends Required -Occasional
Primary Location-WASHINGTON-ENUMCLAW-ST. ELIZABETH HOSPITAL
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Performs a variety of clerical, reception, and support functions to ensure timely and effective day-to-day operations and communications in a specified department to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Responsibilities vary based on assigned area and may include: greeting and assisting patients at the front desk; answering telephones; taking messages; maintaining records; scanning/coping/filing charts and films; monitoring patient flow; entering billing information; directing/transporting patients to appropriate room/location; relaying accurate information.
Incumbents are also accountable for: demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail, a thorough understanding of HIPAA confidentiality rules, knowledge of medical terminology and adhering to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Greets patients, visitors, family members and physicians and efficiently addresses needs.
- Answers telephones, screens and transfers calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective communications.
- Performs routine clerical and support functions under the direction of a specified Manager to ensure smooth and effective day-to-day operations of the department.
- Monitors patient schedules, work flow, and activities of all modalities to assure smooth and coordinated patient flow.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies and materials, as well as any written guides or patient information, to ensure smooth operations in the reception work area and non-interruption of patient services.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- One year of related work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.