Join our Talent Community
Submit your information to our Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities at CHI Franciscan!Join Now!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) may assist in the care of individuals as delegated by and under the direction and supervision of a licensed (registered) nurse (RN). The CNA delivers patient care by performing various technical duties based on the patient population, supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs, providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
The CNA performs a wide variety of functions under the supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with hospital policy. The individual must demonstrate initiative, cooperation, flexibility, and resourcefulness to enhance patient care. The CNA also promotes and participates in performance improvement and service excellence. The CNA must be able to communicate with patients, patient families, staff, and physicians clearly, professionally and effectively. It will be necessary to be able to organize multiple priorities and make independent decisions. The CNA is a Regional Health Team Member under direction of an RN. This position will demonstrate competency in the care of the long-term acute care, ventilated and complex patient.
* Under the direction and supervision of the RN, organizes and provides basic nursing care for patients and their families.
* Perform and record various duties necessary to provide complete care within established standards, policies, and procedures. These may include giving complete and partial baths, positioning patients, making beds, ambulating and feeding patients, taking vital signs, performing blood sugar tests (accu-chek), collecting specimens, and determining intake and output.
* Assist with patient room set up for admission and aid in admission, transfer, and/or discharge of patients by transporting, lifting and positioning patients while following necessary safety precautions.
* Complete breakdown of a patient’s room that has discharged, but removing all equipment after initial wipe down, disposal of all items left in patient room, etc. so that housekeeping may clean and prepare the room and bed for the next patient.
* Contribute to the development of the patient plan of care under direction of a Registered Nurse.
* Communicate patient care information to other health care team members, including changes noted, by verbal report and/or documentation of patient care provided according to policy and procedure guidelines.
* Reinforce selected patient teaching initiated by the Registered Nurse.
* Provide emotional support to patients and families.
* Assist in the orientation of other staff.
* Assist in maintaining patient and unit area in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
* Assist in sorting and retrieving equipment and supplies.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* Nurse’s Aide training in state approved program.
* Previous acute care experience.
Licenses & Registrations:
* Certification in the State of Washington as Nursing Assistant
* Basic Life Support certification within 3 months of hire
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.